Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Karashishi and Peonies






It's been a few days since we did this second session, but I've been going non stop and not really able to slow down and sort out my thoughts and look through pictures.
The second day we drew on and outlined all the background (I love that he wanted all clouds and was really connecting with the very dense, black heavy look) and were able to shade a pretty sizable chunk.  At one point I thought I might be able to shade it all in one sitting, but that was a bit of a misinterpretation on my part.  Once you really get into all those tight spaces the time really adds up.  The strength and beauty of this style background is how rich and dark it is, with all those clean little strips of negative space in between.  You need to take great care in making them perfect and even and it certainly isn't something to be rushed.
For his first tattoo he did fantastic.  That is a lot of work for anyone to get in two back to back sessions, but to have never been through it before, but know what you want and go for it is truly admirable.
I believe he's back in a month for two more days and I'm feeling pretty good that we'll be making some serious headway...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Brian!
    Your focus was intense for those long hours and I appreciate your attention to the details.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete