Friday, May 11, 2012

Kingyo



At the end of the second day of shading, we threw this little guy on her hand.
She'd asked for it last time, but we didn't really get around to it.  This visit, she walked in the door and I think the first thing she asked was if we could do her hand this time.
I don't take doing hand or neck work very lightly at all, so it really has to be the right combination of client and image.  After having known her for a couple years combined with the amount of tattoo work she's already got, I was super comfortable doing it.
Drew it up on the spot and it felt good to capture the moment and go for it.
I'm really happy with how it fit on the hand and ties in to the rest of the arm without having to bring the background down all the way.
For a hand tattoo, I really like seeing some skin around it.  I think that helps set it off, and not just look like they pulled their sleeves down and have stumpy arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment