Friday, May 11, 2012

Karashishi and Peonies






Finished...
I think it was seven sessions in all, and that's not too shabby for something in this style.  I'm very pleased with the result, and very much looking forward to starting the other side whenever the schedule opens up.  He sat like a champ every time and healed up great (even after a hiking trip in Yosemite right after a two day marathon session).
I've been fortunate to have Bill and Junii Salmon as teachers and mentors, and through them become good friends with the Horitoshi family.  This style is my version of what I've tried to distill from them over the years.  Although not every project is best suited to this look, and I'm open to exploring different things, this style of tattooing is closest to my heart and what I really strive to improve upon and move forward with...

No comments:

Post a Comment