Friday, September 23, 2011

Peacock and Blossoms





I'm not going to lie...I really like this tattoo.  She came to me a year or two ago needing a big cover up.  The peacock on her arm was born out of wanting to get rid of this...


I was a bit hesitant at first, but the peacock seemed like it might work so we went for it.  Got most of it done, then she moved to Portland.  She came down to get tattooed the other week, and we finished the wings and some inner arm feathers of the bird.
Then the next couple days, we added all the blossoms.  I really liked her idea of adding them as it creates a really nice "frame", and the color contrast reads very well I believe.
Also, I like the gentle scattering across the front.  It gives a heavily tattooed look without all the thick density that seems to be on a lot of chest pieces.
Still might want to tweak on the bird a little more and really dial the cover up, but from what we were having to work with, I'd say it's worked out quite well...

1 comment: