Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Durga Weapons and Flowers

I'm pretty serious when I say that this tattoo might kill me.
Last time our 5-6 hour outlining extravaganza pushed my poor hand to the limit, and today gave me a bit of a run for my money as well.
We added the pomegranate branch at the top, and the last of Durga's implements (a rope) entwined in it.  Then it was on to the patterning in the snake.  I had drawn it on the stencil, but there was no way to get to it last time.  There was also no realistic way to draw it on as it would rub off immediately, so I just had to wing it.  I'm happy with the result, but I'd be lying if i said it wasn't a bit stressful to freestyle that pattern and be confident it would work out.  I just didn't really think too much (a technique that I employ in most aspects of my life that seems to work for me) and tried to just let things happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment