Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Medicine Buddha




Definitely one of the more intense line jobs I've done in a while.
I was a bit nervous because of the injured back (if I'm shading something and need to stop early it's no problem, but with a line job like this once you get going there's no turning back...) but we pulled it off.
Three different outline thicknesses and a bit of time later and it all worked out.  Maybe the power of the Medicine Buddha transferred to me and helped me through (seriously).  These types of images can be even a bit more intense to do because of the psychic importance they have to the wearer.  As if tattooing anything nice on anyone isn't enough of a karmic responsibility...
Plans for the future are black and grey shading, then eventually blending in the existing tattoo and turning it into a 3/4 sleeve...

No comments:

Post a Comment