Thursday, October 27, 2011

Life/Work

Long time no post...
The past few weeks have been non-stop to say the least.  If you've been keeping score, our good friend Horimasa was visiting town and working the past couple of weeks...


...and he was as busy as he could have possibly been.  We worked six days a week for the two weeks he was here, getting to the studio by 10 or so every morning and leaving at 10 at night on average every day. One of his clients got around 35 hours of tattooing done over the course of 8 days!  The fellow above had four 4 hour sessions in a row himself.  It was an amazing and very productive visit, and we look forward to having him again.
After our intensive tattoo stint here, we headed straight to San Francisco to work at the Diamond Club Tattoo Studio together for a couple of days.  I got to do some fun work on some old clients (forgot any pictures of course) and work alongside Masa for a little bit longer.
Again, very long days at the studio and late nights talking tattoos and eating way to much food like this...



Delicious, yes.  Healthy, no.  After several days on a steady diet of ramen and curry rice, I'm ready for a serious cleansing...
It was an action packed, inspirational/educational last several weeks, but I'm pretty worn down.  On top of my regular crazy schedule and doing some serious daddy duties while the wife's been out of commission sick, I've got a lot of serious drawings to do in the near future.  Which brings me to my final point...

-A Note On Scheduling-

 I really do try my best to accommodate all new clients and requests, but it has become increasingly clear lately that this just isn't totally possible.  I realized recently that I'm booked for a good chunk of next year, and won't be able to take on much if any new work for a while.  I would still very much like to hear from folks with their ideas, and see what we might be able to figure out.  In the past, I've tried a waiting list (epic failure), and cancellation lists and there seems to be no perfect solution.  I apologize if I'm not able to give my attention or time to any one's project request, but that has just become the reality of the situation.
I enjoy many styles of tattooing, and do like me a good challenge (although I might complain about it), but I am looking to prioritize larger work, specifically trying to focus on predominately Asian style themes (though I hesitate to say that is exclusive and am open to all ideas).
Thanks for your understanding in this.  My goal is to do the best work that I can, and constantly improve.  I invest a lot of personal and emotional time and energy into this lifestyle, and need to make sure I stay focused, productive and stress free as possible... 

1 comment:

  1. You doing what you do in a healthy and stress-free way makes the world a better place!! As always, your work is jaw-droppingly lovely and intricate and wonderful and impressive.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete