Wednesday, February 16, 2011

East Meets West

Long time no blog.  The past couple of weeks have been crazy and should be like that for the near future.
My friend Hide from Japan has been here working for the last few days (he is a traditional Japanese tattoo artist from the Horitoshi Family in Tokyo).  The response to his work has been overwhelming to say the least and he has been working non stop.
Average day is wake up, drink coffee, go to studio @10:30, set up (he hand makes his needles and hand grinds his sumi ink every day), start working at 12:00 or so, leave the shop around 9 or 10:00, come home and eat, talk for a while, then draw till the wee hours.
I'm on double duty of doing all my regular appointments, and facilitating and translating for him and his clients, but very happy that we are able to bring folks this kind of truly unique experience.
I'll get around to putting up some of my new stuff soon if I can find any time...





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Bravo to you for busting your buns to facilitate this whole thing! Very cool. Can't help but admit I am suuupperrr jealous I can't take advantage of such a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete